Sat, April 23 2005 3:10 PM
Eudora Lite Setup
Eudora Lite is an simple program written specifically for internet mail,
and it is very easy to install, configure and use.
One of the advantages to using Eudora Lite is that it allows you to install
multiple copies of the program, with different settings, so you can take
advantage of the additional email accounts that may come with your TConline
What follows are instructions to download, install, and configure
Eudora Lite, as well as instructions to install and configure a
second copy of the program to use with a different email address.
Install Eudora Lite
- Click to download Eudora Lite. When prompted for a location to
save the file, select 'Desktop' and click on Save.
- Double-click the 'eul306' icon on your desktop.
- Click 'Next' on the 'Welcome' window to begin setup and Click 'Yes' on the 'License Agreement' window.
- Make sure that 'Eudora Light for Windows 95/NT (32-bit)' is selected, then click 'Next'.
- Click 'Next' on the 'Select Components' window that appears.
- Click 'Next' on the 'Chose Destination Location' window.
This normally defaults to c:\program files\eudora - if you are
installing a second copy of Eudora Lite, you will need to pick a different
folder. To do so, click on 'Browse' and then change the path to
something like c:\program files\eudora2 and click on 'OK'.
Then click on 'Next'.
- Click 'Next' to 'Start Copying Files'.
- Click 'OK' on the 'Successful Installation' window that appears.
- Click 'Yes' if you wish to view the 'readme' file. Close the file when finished.
- Eudora Lite may create an icon on your desktop. If it does not, you should create a shortcut now.
- Click your right mouse button, on an empty spot on your desktop.
- Select 'New | Shortcut' from the menu that appears.
- In the 'Create Shortcut' window, click on the 'Browse' button.
- Double click on the folder where you installed Eudora Lite. This will
probably be the 'Eudora' or the 'Eudora2' folder.
- Select 'eudora' and click on the 'Open' button.
- Back at the 'Create Shortcut' window, click on 'Next'.
- Under 'Select a name for the shortcut' type Eudora Lite.
If you are installing a second copy of the program, you will want to
select a name that you will recognize for the email address you will
Configure Eudora Lite
- Click on 'Start' | 'Programs' | 'Eudora Lite' | 'Eudora Lite'.
- A window should appear asking if you want to make Eudora Lite your
'defualt' email program. Check the box that says 'Don't ask me
anymore' and click on 'No', unless this will be your primary mail client click "Yes".
- If the 'Using Context Sensitive Help' window appears, click on 'Close'.
- The 'Options' window should appear. If it does not, click on 'Tools' | 'Options'.
- Scroll to the top of the categories on the left hand side, and click on 'Personal Info'.
- Type firstname.lastname@example.org in the 'POP account' field.
- Type your name in the 'Real name' field.
- Type your TConline e-mail address (email@example.com) in the
'Return Address' field.
- Type your TConline username in the 'Dialup username' field.
- Click on 'Sending Mail' in the column on the left.
Type mail.wtxs.net in the 'SMTP' field.
- Click 'Advanced Network' in the column on the left.
- Select 'Automatically dial & hangup this connection'.
- Click the arrow to the right of the 'Entry' field and select
your TConline connection.
- Enter your TConline username in the 'Username' box.
- If you do not want to be prompted for a password every time you check mail, be sure to select the 'Save password' box.
- NOTE: If you are setting up a second email account, the username and
password being requested here are for the dialup account you will be
using to connnect to TConline.
- Click on 'OK' to complete and save the configuration.
- You can now check mail by clicking on 'File' | 'Check Mail',
or by clicking on the appropriate icon at the top of the Eudora toolbar.
- If a 'Corrupt Mailbox' message appears, click 'Create new', then click 'OK'.
- Enter your email account password in the 'Password' field and click 'OK'.
- In the 'Connect to TConline' screen, make sure your TConline
dialup username appears in the 'Username' field, and enter your
TConline dialup password in the 'Password' field, and be sure to leave the 'Domain' field blank.
- You may select 'Save password' so you will not be prompted for a password each time you check your mail.
- Click 'Connect' to check your TConline e-mail.
- NOTE: If you are setting up a popmail account, the username and password being requested here are for the dialup account you will be
using to connnect to TConline.